Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: papaya/pawpaw

Posted by romando 9b/10a , sunset 17 (amanda.azevedo@juno.com) on
Thu, Mar 2, 06 at 15:45

I have some papaya seeds, both the larger Mexican type, and the smaller Hawaiian type, which need homes. They are drying right now. Anyone interested, email me or post here. Thanks!
Amanda 'romando'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: papaya/pawpaw

What size to the trees get to??

o

I did'nt know papaya and pawpaw were the same

o

Do you still have any pawpaw trees to trade? Or are you calling your papaya a pawpaw?
Please let me know.
Thanks Pat

o

What I have is carica papaya...both mexican and hawaiian types. So it is papaya, but I had read that some people call them pawpaw, which is confusing, because it isn't the pawpaw whose proper name is Asimina triloba. Sorry for any confusion! I have plenty of seeds for the papayas, if anyone's still interested.
Amanda 'romando'

o

I would like to have some seeds of both plants. You can look at my list under seagle52.

o

I have some papaya seeds, and want information on how to save them, as well as dry them. I have planted them, and had them come up. However, I do not know exactly how to grow them. What kind of soil do they like. I know they like lots of hot, sunshine. A Thai lady had one that bloomed, in a pot, and she said that she did not do anything special, but put it in sun. She grew several papayas here in my zone, even though they have to grow (with foiliage for eleven months to fruit.) She said she did not use a greenhouse or anything.

Thank you for your time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here