Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: coconut palm

Posted by micyrey 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 21:31

hi
I'm looking for a coconut sprouted or viable nut.
or a simmilar palm I can grow in a pot and bring in during the winter.
I can look at your trade list and if I don't have anything you want I can try to get it.
thanks michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: coconut palm

micyrey, i wouldnt recommend a coconut palm for indoors or outdoors in your area. i have tried keeping one outside here in the summer and bringing it indoors during the iwnter but the thing is that coconut palms need LOTS of light. mine died after about a year. it never looked as good as when i bought it. no matter what i tried, it declines continuosly until it died. THis has happened with nine different coconut palms that ive tried to grow. it would probably be really difficult to keep it alive even in the summertime. they do not fare well here in zone 10a/9b nor anywhere in my whole state (CA) except probably for the extreme coast of San Diego. Maybe a more cold-tolerant palm would better suit your area. there are nice alternatives like washingtonia robusta and pheonix canarensis, both of which could go the winter with mininal light.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here for a picture of a canary island date palm

o

my canary island palm is a disaster. The leaves are very long and razor sharp. I just got a 7 gallon coconut palm through the mail.

o

we are in possession of a wide variety of coconut palm including your requested coconut sprouted or viable nut.they are for sale at cheap and affordable prices.Should you choose buy or have any other thing in mind to buy then mail leblancsxtasy@excite.com

o

Ummm
You're not supposed to sell anything on this Garden Forum. Those in charge frown on it an ask you to leave. Better check the rules.

Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here