Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

WANTED: Rare plants that can live indoors, in exchange for ???

mark4321_gw
12 years ago

First off, my tastes aren't fixed, but I'm looking for really unusual and rare plants.

This is a bit confusing, since I'm just now moving and rapidly expanding my plant collection. My resources are very good, but they are biased heavily towards plants that live outside in the Bay Area. My list is short, but will be much longer in a few months.

Here's what I have now (this is the extend of my tiny collection!):

Deppea splendens (5 gallon pot, needs to be cut back). Straightforward to root.

Agapetes serpens: needs to be heavily cut back, so lots of cuttings.

Petunia exserta: Technically my mom's plant, but should need to be cut back soon

Eupatorium sordidum (the short annie's variety): also technically my mom's--who doesn't want a huge plant.

Salvia wagneriana (the pink and white form). Should be able to take cuttings in a couple weeks.

Brugmansia sanguinea 'Pachochoa': too small for cuttings (which would die ina hot climate).

Rhodochiton antrosanguineaum. Just starting to bloom. Plentyof material for cutting eventually; mabye seeds.

Lachenallia viridifolia--seeds or leeaf cuttngs: there should be more

Lobelia excelsa--seeds or bulbils soon.

Comments (10)

• mark4321_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I forgot a few.

Boweia volubiilis--can take scale cuttings in the fall.

Monstera deliciiosa albo variegata--no cuttings soon (1 taken).

Ecballium elaterium (squirting cucumber). This is a mature plant, tha should fruit soon.

Khalanhkoe hybrid "Pink Butterflies". Hopefully many plantlets rooted soon.

I thinkt that's completeley it for now...

• mark4321_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I forget Lobelia excelsa (the first of many thing forgotten). Unfortunately we can't edit posts here....

• retsec
    12 years ago

Would you check my list and see if there is anything I have you would trade for some of your plants. I would like to have several of yours but probably don't have anything strange or unusual you want. Let me know please, one way or the other.
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    retsec

• Peggy
    6 years ago

I would love to have some of your cuttings. Please look at my list and see if I have anything of interest to you. Thank you!

• mark4321_gw
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Peggy, that list is a bit dated and I don't have many of those at this point. However, I'd be happy to send you a few things for postage that are on your list. What part of the country do you live in?

• Peggy
    6 years ago

Mark, that would be wonderful. I live in zone 8. Do you have message set up so I can share my mailing address? Thanks!

• mark4321_gw
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I should have it set up. I've received messages in the past.

• Peggy
    6 years ago

Mark, I am not sure why but I am not seeing a message button when I click on your name. Can you send me message to exchange info? Thank you!

• Rose
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hi there,

I am new here, (but have traded on another site) and have a few things to trade if you're still looking or interested.

I have:

Iochroma fuchsiodes (seed grown), Agapetes 'Ludgvan's Cross' (rooted cutting), Fuchsia denticulata (cuttings), Isoplexis canariensis (cuttings or plant), Brugmansia sanguinea and also B. 'Suncrest Vulsa'(cuttings), Methysticodendron amesianum or "Culebra Brugmansia"(cutting or 4" small rooted cutting), Passiflora herbertiana, P. biflora, Ungi 'Blanco' (cutting).

I have also added more things on my trade list.

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks,

Rose

• retsec
    6 years ago

Rose, what are you looking for. Would love to trade for your brugs

Sponsored