Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: I have 2 large heliconia plants I want to trade

Posted by Bihai z8B FL (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 05 at 10:10

I have a large clump of H. latispatha "Roadrunner" and a large clump of H. psitt x spathno "Tropica". I will trade either by the rhizomes, or, if you are an enterprising soul who would like to come over and help me dig them up, you can take the entire clump home in a truck. There is nothing at all wrong with either of these plants. Both are good bloomers and very nice. I want to discontinue them in my greenhouse in order to make space for a "palm and tropical fruit tree corner" I wish to create. I have 3 other different latispathas, so this is really an "extra" and I have ALan Carle which I like more than Tropica.
WHat would I like for a trade?

I am interested in small palms which would be suitable for planting outdoors in the Gainesville area (zone 8B, can conceivably get to 10F but in the about 15 years I have lived here has never gotten below 20F.) I already have sagos, sabals, needles, pygmy date and what I think is Mexican windmill.

I am also interested in bromeliads, aroids-- especially foliage type anthuriums and different types of alocasias and colocasias and philodendrons--and hedychium gingers for my butterfly garden expansion.

Or...make me an offer? But please, NO POSTAGE

This section of the forum seems to not want you to post photos, so I will be posting photos of the plants and the blooms on the regular discussion section. If you live in the South we can probably do a trade anytime. Otherwise, March or April?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: I have 2 large heliconia plants I want to trade

I just bought some turmeric rhizomes. Would you be interested in trading those for your Heliconia rhizomes? PLMK one way or other.
Thanks,
Kerai

o
RE: HAVE: I have 2 large heliconia plants I want to trade

I have banannas hibiscus dracaenas for seeds or rooted piece thanks pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here