Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

HAVE: I have 2 large heliconia plants I want to trade

bihai
18 years ago

I have a large clump of H. latispatha "Roadrunner" and a large clump of H. psitt x spathno "Tropica". I will trade either by the rhizomes, or, if you are an enterprising soul who would like to come over and help me dig them up, you can take the entire clump home in a truck. There is nothing at all wrong with either of these plants. Both are good bloomers and very nice. I want to discontinue them in my greenhouse in order to make space for a "palm and tropical fruit tree corner" I wish to create. I have 3 other different latispathas, so this is really an "extra" and I have ALan Carle which I like more than Tropica.

WHat would I like for a trade?

I am interested in small palms which would be suitable for planting outdoors in the Gainesville area (zone 8B, can conceivably get to 10F but in the about 15 years I have lived here has never gotten below 20F.) I already have sagos, sabals, needles, pygmy date and what I think is Mexican windmill.

I am also interested in bromeliads, aroids-- especially foliage type anthuriums and different types of alocasias and colocasias and philodendrons--and hedychium gingers for my butterfly garden expansion.

Or...make me an offer? But please, NO POSTAGE

This section of the forum seems to not want you to post photos, so I will be posting photos of the plants and the blooms on the regular discussion section. If you live in the South we can probably do a trade anytime. Otherwise, March or April?

Comments (3)

Sponsored