Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aristolochia arborea pics

Posted by fouquieria (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 06 at 5:54

One of the few trees in this genus. Most are vines. This one is from Central America.

-Ron-

Aristolochia arborea:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aristolochia arborea pics

Wow...very exotic looking!! I didn't realize there were trees in this genus. Awesome!

Leona

o

Weird! I didn't know there was a tree either.

o

fantastic photos. i love this genus. tammy

o

• Posted by jover Tenerife (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 7, 06 at 5:21

Very nice flowers!!
They grow under tropical or subtropical conditions?
And how do they reproduce seeds or cuttings?

I have never seen this before.

saludos Herman

o

Been looking for A. arborea seed or plants here in the US for some time. Does anyone know where I might some for sale or trade? Thanks!

o

Butterfly World in Florida has small potted plants of them in their greenhouses. The sell them from their plant shop. Unfortunately they don't do online sales. So I guess one has to know someone in Florida who lives near Butterfly World.

If you do happen to know someone. Have them pick me up on too. ;-)

-Ron-

o

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone near there. Is there anyone on this list that does live near Butterfly World that two poor souls might beg and plead to help them out??? :) Boy, talk about a random act of kindness! Thanks for the reply, Ron.

o

Where in florida is Butterfly World?

o

Butterfly World is north of Ft. Lauderdale.

o

Does anyone know their growing requirements? And how fast do these things grow? There is nothing online about it.

-ellie

o

Butterfly World is in Coconut Creek. Just looked at their website and they do some mail order plants but don't have the aristolochia listed.

Crowley's Nursery in Sarasota does have many different aristolochias though and they are members of a Aristolochia club in Sarasota. I don't know if they do mail order but here is their number (941) 322-0315 and katcando@prodigy.net (don't know if that is a current e-mail or not).

Suzanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly World

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here