Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosepedal_gw

Tropic seed Round robin forum

rosepedal
15 years ago

Come and join in on the fun...Looking forward to seeing you there... :)

Comments (10)

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Hey Barb,
    Count me in!!!!
    Barb

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Barb Thanks your wonderful. If you want to see who is also in the thread it is under the round robin forum. Tropical seed thread. Thanks for joining Barb :)

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Barb I copied it for you... :)Thanks once again...There is room for more...

1. Rosepedal me
    2. Fcoffill
    3. Karmahappytoes
    4. Karyn1
    5. divahethr
    6. Chena
    7. Kiddo
    8. Chitownladyd
    9. Fool4flowers

1. Dimples31312
    2. Ibartoo
    3. Napdognewfie
    4. Ladylotus
    5. Grolike crazy
    6. zubababy
    7. Barbcoleus
    8. Givelittle_getlots
  • barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Desert Rose seedlings

Here are your grandkids. Aren't they cute!
    I'm getting seeds gathered and I'll send them out this week.
    Barb

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Barb!

I just love my grand kids lol. Isnt it neat how some caudexes come out purple...I hope they keep that color as they become adults. They sure look happy. I have a question. Are you suppling heat for them? We are all discussing this over in the brug forum trying to figure them out. LOL Barb #2

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Barb may I use your picture to post it to the brug forum? Barb

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Hi Barb,
    No I'm not supplying heat, they are on my lanai near my pool but temps are supposed to drop tomorrow to near freezing so I'm bringing in that tray of seedlings. It probably won't get that cold my lanai because the pool keeps the temperature up a degree or two but I'm not taking a chance

Sure you can post the picture.

Not that I'm in a rush or anything, how long til bloom size
    Other Barb

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am not sure either. I think I remember reading something somewhere it takes a year or two. IF I remember correctly it also depends on the species. I hope I am giving you correct info. I am a newb to these too. :)

I posted your pic photobucket wont let me enlarge it. OH pooey. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. -6 in WI today Brrr...

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Barb I just came back from the gh and the jatrophia had two coming up together. So I seperated them into their own pots. I am so happy I have two! :) Thanks Grandma lol Barb#2

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Hey Barb,

They are pretty easy to grow and if they bloom for you, they attract butterflies at least here in zone 10. I don't know if you have the same butterflies as we do.
    The temperature might drop to freezing tonight which doesn't sound like much except almost every plant here shows damage at less than 32 degrees. I've covered things with sheets. My garden looks like I'm set for Halloween with ghosts. boooooooo
    Barb

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting