Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropical seed search!

Posted by amandapanda920 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 2, 09 at 11:47

Searching for Barbados cherry,tamarind, quenepa (genip),carambola (star fruit) and java plum,hog plum golden apple, pommecythere seeds, I can definitley negotiate something for these seeds or plants thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropical seed search!

I can often find star fruit at local grocery stores here. I bought two a few months back and washed and planted the seeds. Germination was fast and nearly 100%. I kept a couple of the best plants and they are now about 2 feet tall (indoors).

If you really can't find them in the grocery store - try asian specialty shops if one is around - let me know and I'll see if I can snag one for you, although at this time of year the seeds may be killed in transit by cold. I guess how banged up the fruit is is unimportant if all you care about are the seeds.

o

Try TradewindsFruit, they won't have everything but they definitely have some different seeds and very reasonably priced.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tradewinds Fruit

o

Yes Please! I live in a SMALL town in NC and there arent any good places to get any exotic fruit :( If you can snag me a couple of seeds that would be great! Please see my list if there is anything you would like from there.Thanks again!

o
tradewinds....

Thanks for the link but I use tradewinds regularly and everything they have that I dont have yet is posted as unavailable or coming soon even the starfruit.thanks again!

o

Last couple of trips to the grocery store have failed to turn one up. Last year I believe I found them abundant in March to May. I'll keep my eyes open for you though :)

o

Thanks va, please see my list also,maybe I can trade you something :)

o

I found some. I sent you an email. Yay!

o

I grow Starfruit,Barbados and Surinam cherry. Contact me if you still need some seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here