Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chexmix_gw

'inherited' an arboricola ... any hope?

chexmix
15 years ago

Hello all.

I recently "rescued" a plant that had been sitting next to a mini-fridge here at work for some time. It is essentially a 4" high forked stick (the main part of it about as big around as a little finger) in a small rectangular ceramic planter partly filled with soil & what looks like coarse sand. A small plastic label lying on the soil identified it as "ARBORICOLA."

I googled this and from the grim looks of it this is, or was, a Schefflera. I am sure this is a dreadfully naive question but I am very much a newbie: is there any hope of this thing reviving? It just sat where it was for months. I only picked it up because I am trying to become more conscientious about taking care of the plants around my desk & thought I would adopt the poor stick and see if I could "bring it back." But for all I know that is a complete and utter pipe dream.

I have been watering it for approximately 4 days. I know nothing would have likely happened or changed by now, but I thought I would ask about its potential chances here, and just give up if there is no hope.

Thanks,

Glenn

Comments (2)