Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

what do people think of logees

lycheeluva
16 years ago

am thinking of placing large order of tropical plants from logees- their plants are very small- only 2 inch pots but are very reasonable- only $10 each.

what do you guys think of logees

Comments (10)

• jeelli
    16 years ago

I personally love Logee's- their plants are small, but I know if I have any questions I can just ask, and I'll get good answers- from employees and from other shoppers. I've had good luck with the majority of plants I purchased from them. I'd lost a few to my own human error (I don't do well with shade plants...), but I still have some from my first trip- March of 2005.
    I am fortunate to have visited their incredible store quite a few times over the past three years- it takes me over an hour to get there, but it's so worth the day trip! If you do have to have your plants shipped, I would recommend two day air; they'll come to you beautifully packaged!
    I have been too busy to get out there in person, but recently I needed my Logee "fix", so I had my plants sent to me. I have another wish-list going, and if I can't get across CT myself, I'll pay to have them shipped two day air again. It's totally worth it to me.
    I hope you give them a try! Happy shopping!!!

• garyfla_gw
    16 years ago

Hi
    Have not bought from them in several years due to the price.. Very small plants.
    They do have some hard to locate types
    For rare types I like Glasshouseworks ,Kartuz ,oR World plants. Rare flora. Though I seldom buy mail order there are soooo many local sources. gary

• Martina DeLuca
    16 years ago

I love Logees. I agree, however, that their plants are generally small. But, I have never had a problem growing any of the ones I've bought. I have also bought from Glasshouseworks, Plant Delights and Kartuz....all are great. Plant Delights even follows up by phone to make sure you received your order and are happy with it.

• vireyafl
    16 years ago

Logees used-to be quite reasonably priced, but for a few years they have been fairly expensive. The plants are small but of excellent quality.

• chaman
    16 years ago

Logees is very reliable place to buy the plants.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I think they are very overpriced for what you get. I haven't bought from them in years and much prefer Zone 9 Tropicals, Gardino Nursery, Kartuz and Caldwell Nursery as well as a few others.
    Karyn

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

I like them for some harder to find plants. Thier plants are small though, but sometimes I find smaller plants adjust better than larger plants. If you don't require immediate gratification (blooms right away) sometimes the smaller ones do better if they are in good health to start with. With some slower growing plants like some variegates, it may also be better to start out with a larger plant. I have only had one plant from Logees die and it was replaced immediately.

• lycheeluva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

well- the logees plant order came- the plants seem great- hopefully they will thrive- here is a link to some pics of the plants plus some citrus trees i just bought from 4 winds- also very happy

Here is a link that might be useful: pics of plants

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

Nice photos. The Miner's Claim I got from them last month is doing great, and has actually grown about an inch.

• User
    16 years ago

Small plants and fancy prices.