Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandy02256

I'm stumped help me id looks like persicaria

sandy0225
16 years ago

Kind of. The stems remind me of persicaria with large jointed looking nodes on them, semi hard stemmed, but definitely herbaceous. It's about three feet tall. Long narrow deep green shiny leaves, but not evergreen. It blooms with a small blue-purple bloom the blooms are on little thin stems coming from the tips of the plant only, and come out in a bunch of 5-12, it buds up and then it blooms for about a month or so and then it quits and rebuds. Bugs don't seem to bother it much. It's tropical, so I'm told.

History of the plant, a customer dropped it off in the fall, said it was too big for them to overwinter and would I like to have it for free? Said her daughter is a truck driver and picked up a load of tropical plants in Florida for Home depot and this was an extra on the load so she took it home. No tags.

I will try and post a picture asap. My computer isn't wanting to recognize my memory stick for some reason right now.

Another hint, if you break it off, it roots very readily in a glass of water, just like a persicaria. Kind of looks like some kind of knotweed too, but the blooms are not right.

Comments (4)