Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spices...

Posted by dorr (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 08 at 20:17

Anyone know where you can find spice plants and trees? Specifically looking for the tree from which you get nutmeg; myristica fragrans, but any others will be helpfull. I have found a place that has cinnamon but they won't be ready for a few months yet. So in the mean time....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spices...

Google tells me that at least one is available as of now on ebay .... " INDONESIA 25 RUPIAH 1996 BU NUTMEG PLANT" .... not sure of the terminology, but I assume they know their plants.

And it figures....the site we can't talk about seems to sell them in 3 gal pots. Fifty bucks if you've got it.

There are a couple in the UK, but since you seem to live in the US ... slim picking ::

o

there's a site that we can't talk about??? I wasn't aware of this..

o

dorr, a large tropicals nursery in Florida was banned from Gardenweb years ago, allegedly for spamming. If you try to mention their name in a post, the Gardenweb software refuses to post it, mutters threats and warnings if you try to get around their block. It's a shame, because the nursery has great plants, an excellent, informative website, and an interesting magazine on Tropicals. They even ship during the winter, with hot packs, if needed, which Pine Island refuses to do. A large shipment from them arrived at my house yesterday. (Poor mail carrier couldn't get them out of the truck. I had to pick them up at the post office.)If you email me, I can email you the name privately. We just can't mention it on Gardenweb.

o

please can anyone help looking for a nursery/website in the UK preferably in the Yorkshire area but anywhere fine, that specializes in selling spice plants specifically the nutmeg tree myristica fragrans but also cinnamon tree etc

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here