Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which fertilizer to use for my tropical fruit plants?

Posted by hottielover14 WA (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 21:46

I have a Vanilla orchid, Banana Tree, Black Pepper Vine, Cocoa Tree, and Miracle Berry tree. Im not sure what fertilizer to get for them? i was thinking about just getting a normal orchid feritilizer like schultz or something. but im not sure what i should use for my other tropical fruit plants, could somebody please help me out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which fertilizer to use for my tropical fruit plants?

Each plant has different needs...for example a banana plant needs a fertilizer heavy on the potassium. I have read that cocoa trees need one with more Nitrogen.... not sure about the others....

o

yeah i know they have diff. needs but i was wondering what kind of fert i should get for each of them or some that a couple plants can use? ok thanks heathen that helps a lot :). if anybody else has any other reccomendations for fertilizer for black pepper vines and miracle berry tree? or for my others too?

o

ok well i decided to go organic and get some fish/seaweed fert and some kelp meal, crab shell and cottonseed meal to fert all my plants. would that be effective enough on them?

o

ihave guava lemon and orange fruit trees,what amount of npk should be added and intervals as 14 36 7.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here