Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twistedkeys

Miracle Fruit Help

twistedkeys
13 years ago

Hi, I'm completely new to the world of gardening. I have always been a HUGE fan of exotic and tropical fruits, but I thought it would be awesome to have a fruit tree of my own!

Anyway, I got a book recently which is pretty good. It's named something like "Grow tropical fruits indoors" or something... I was reading it for a while and noticed that Miracle berries were quite strong trees compared to the others (doesn't attract bugs, strong root system, etc).

So I thought I would come to you guys to see if you can offer any advice before I get a tree (found a supplier, in CA, ships full trees in pots, good rep).

Anyway, the main problem is I live in Utah, I think it's zone 8??? But the cool thing about my house is it has a back room that faces South and has windows the full length of the room.

Right now (6am) it's -5F outside, and ~67F in the room. In the daytime it gets 90F in direct sun, and ~80F in the shade. It is quite dry here though, maybe 50 - 60 humidity in the winter. And 30 - 50 in the summer. Would that be ok?

I noticed from other posts that it can be a temperamental tree sometimes, is this common? Would this tree be suitable for a newb?

I'm not big on the whole "mix 2% this, with 44% that, and every 2 weeks add 3 1/2 TBS of acid to one corner of the pot, and the next two weeks add an extra bit of something else to it, then only water as much as the plant tells you to" (lol).

So could you make it easy for me? Or is gardening inherently like that?

Anyway, thanks guys and gals!

Comments (2)