Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
va_canuck

Take a walk through my greenhouse with me

va_canuck
13 years ago

Most of these are planted in the ground. I put up the greenhouse as a "temporary" structure when I started seeing 30s in the forecast lows and take it down in April when the 10 day forecast doesn't include anything below 40.

The "glow worm"

Persian lime. Just showing its first flowers.

Avocado, grown from seed (actually 1/2 a seed - it split in two, I planted both, and got 2 plants).

Red naval orange. Squirrels LOVE these...

Thompson Pink Seedless Grapefruit

Guava. Grown from seed.

Eureka lemon. By far the biggest, fastest-growing and most productive citrus I have. About 12 feet tall and hundreds of fruit in various development stages on it.

Eureka lemon flowers. MANY on the plant right now.

Another guava. Actually 2 plants in the same container.

Starfruit. Grown from seed.

Cavendish banana. Flowered in late September. All other bananas you see in pics are babies from this one. 65 bananas on it.

Key lime tree. "Limey" is my oldest citrus tree and was killed back to a 6 inch stump in 2008, but is back with a vengeance. I gave away key lime pies at Christmas.

Key lime flowers. That's an almost-ripe fruit in the center of the pic behind some leaves.

Papayas. Or rather, those papayas which have not developed root rot over the winter. Last winter, someone pulled all the leaves off thinking they were pot. I hope they got SO SICK smoking my papayas.

Loquat. Presents a dilemma for me, since it is growing fast and will likely not fit in the greenhouse next year. However it is firmly rooted in the ground and happy. Not sure if I want to let it out in the cold here.....

Loquat fruit developing. My first.

Cabbage palm seedlings (although there are also 2 pindo palm and 4 small guava in there too) grown from a local tree's seeds.

Son of Limey - Key lime tree grown from a seed from the bigger one. 4 years old and about 4 feet tall. Hopefully it will fruit soon....

Bigger look down the greenhouse. It's 50 feet long, 12 feet high, and 12 feet wide.

My "coconut" palm. I don't really wanna talk about it.....

Comments (4)