Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amethystfaery

Corn Plant/ Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana' :) Lighting!))

amethystfaery
14 years ago

Hallo :)

I just bought one of these lovely plants last week. I want to give it the best care that I can, however during my research on the net I am finding sooo much conflicting information in regards to the lighting!

Some say it needs low light and bright light will burn the leaves. Some say it likes bright light and will only "tolerate" low light.

Then some say to have it right up against the window(more or less) and others say to have it back xyz feet. (They can't even agree on the feet amount either lol)

I can only guess this is to do with different zone locations.

If any one can offer me advice and experience with these guys would be most appreciated =)

I live in the lower portion of MN if it helps.

Currently he is a little over a foot away from a south patio window. I originally intended to put him in my west bedroom window as this location(my south window) is already somewhat crowded by a huge and happy cat palm, Pothos and two ivies.

West window though ..My room is colder and as a college student who studies late sometimes I sleep in close to noon hours (i.E closed shades till around noon) Maybe the ivies will be happier in there>? i Know they don;t like direct sun. (had them for over 10 years . Since I was a little girl :)

Sorry for the novel length post! :D

Comments (2)