Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need Help with my Bougainvillea, (please)...

Posted by jumbojimmy (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 07 at 5:57

Please help me here: I hope this is the right forum

Okay, this is my third time trying to grow a bougainvillea. The first 2 bougainvilleas that I got died because i didn't know how to look after them. I now understand that bougainvilleas prefer rootbound, dryness between watering and full sun.

My questions are:

1. Judging by my photos (link provided), should I repot my bougainvillea?

2. I'm planning to water it every 8 days. Today was hot, and I noticed that the leaves are dropey and white scar appears on the pink brackets...should i water it? Would that kill my plant because I watered it 3 days ago. I read that bougainvilleas like to be neglected.

3. what are the white scars telling me? Is the sun to "hot"? I thought they love it hot.

Please help

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Help me with my bougainvillea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need Help with my Bougainvillea, (please)...

How hot is it getting there? You could pot it into a 2 gallon pot, using perlite to give it drainage. When it is over 100 I only water my boug maybe every other day. It' better to schedule the watering to the plant's needs that just give it an arbitrary watering schedule. It likes to dry out a bit, so let it, then water it well again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here