Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misorensis? Help ID please

Posted by mariava7 z7VA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 13:20

Again...one of my mother's flowering vines. She mentioned 'misorensis' but she is not sure. Help ID please!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misorensis? Help ID please

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 14:58

Thunbergia mysorensis, one of my favorites.

o

Thank you so much catkim!

o

Oh yeah! Mine is in full bloom now as well. Its definitely my fave vine except for my Jade Vine.

o

Beautiful vine, and not as heavy as many others. I planted mine 6 years ago, took 2 years to get first flowering,but has never been out of bloom since.

o

Leilaniguy...Are you from Hawaii? Do you have an email add? I cannot find it in your member page. I would like to contact you about sources of plants that we are interested that could possibly be available in your area if ever. Thanks!

o

Hawaii can't ship to the mainland unless they are licensed nurseries and their stock is approved for shipment to the mainland. Lots and LOTS of red tape. I have always wanted to be able to trade with people in Hawaii but they have to get an import permit for a lot of things. Not worth it for them.

o

Bihai...After I have posted pics of our plants in the Philippines, I have received a lot of emails from Europe, South America, US and Canada inquiring about sources of where to get plants or seeds. These plants are available in the nursery there but would be very hard to ship to US. Very same case as with plants from Hawaii. You are right, too much trouble for a few plants. But worth it for bigger volumes.

If ever I get to get plants from Hawaii, I would be instructing them to send them to the Philippines. Or if we get to purchase plants here in mainland US, they will be brought to PI by my daughter who is going there for a 3 week vacation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here