Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
siegel2

My Jackfruit fruited!

siegel2
18 years ago

The Black Gold Jackfruit tree growing in my greenhouse has set fruit. I don't know how large the fruit is going to get. Its only about 4 inches long and about 2 feet off the ground. The tree is about 12 feet tall. Its pressing up against the ceiling of the greenhouse.

Here's some photos:

Comments (13)

• Eggo
    18 years ago

Oh COOL! That's a quite a large size tree. How long has it been growing there? We will all get to share in the feast, right, hehe, just kidding. Congrats.

• siegel2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

eggo,

Its only been in the greenhouse for about 3 years. It really took off soon after I planted it and with no winter temperatures to deal with, it just kept growing. I keep the greenhouse temperature at 60 degrees minimum. Can't wait to see how big the fruit gets.

• patusho25
    18 years ago

Yeah! It´s super cool Gary, Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hope it can handle the fruit. And what about pollination?

3 years? Hope next year I can see some flowers in mine! Will keep my fingers crossed. =D

• fouquieria
    18 years ago

Gary,

Sorry to change subject.

How are the Amherstia and Yellow Delonix doing?

My grafted, mutant yellow Delonix is in the midst of its second, outdoor winter in the ground. Presently, it looks like a four-foot, three-pronged stick. But in the summer it puts on about a foot or so of new growth.

I also planted two Colvilleas at the same time and the same size. One of them didn't make it through last year's long, wet winter but the other came through fine. It too is presently about a four-foot stick.

-Ron-

• gaza
    18 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!
    great looking greenhouse!
    ps,my heliconia griggsiana "fullmoon",has a bud on it!.
    its outside,18 feet tall!
    gary

• Eggo
    18 years ago

Cagary, So when are we gonna get to see what else your hiding in that greenhouse?

• goldfishgray
    14 years ago

Awww. It makes me want to cry.

• rayandgwenn
    14 years ago

Nice!

I just got my first fruit off my unknown Jackfruit (I will do a post later this week) but the fruit was not nearly as good as Black Gold.
    I am still waiting for my first Black Gold fruit bloom. My tree is larger than yours, but younger. I am thinking of topping my Black Gold, but am afraid it will want to produce branches instead of fruit!

• sf_rhino
    14 years ago

Booo! I want a greenhouse like yours. Too bad I'm in a 400 sq. ft. apartment.

Seriously though, your tree looks great. Congratulations.

• stuartdave
    14 years ago

My bangkok lemon also has fruit. I removed all but one that is 3 by 6 inches . The tree is 3 yrs in the ground and close to 3 inches in diameter. It is only 6 ft tall but I halved it two yrs ago . Should I leave this fruit on?

• doooglas
    14 years ago

Remove the fruit.Wait until it's a bit more mature.

• amazondude69
    14 years ago

Hi, I am looking for someone who can supply me with fresh blackgold jackfruit seeds or other variety, so that I can buy them! if someone can supply with the seeds please dont hesitate to e-mail me! stevenmadz@hotmail.com

• boredy
    13 years ago

Hi, Can anyone suggest a place to buy the dwarf Singapore Jackfruit? I contacted papaya nusery and they are not carrying it anymore. I live in Los Angeles. I would like to find the plant. anyone with info would be great! I would also buy from any of the members who have access to it. thanks!