Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boca_joe

Help on Unknown Plant ID

I bought this plant at the local nursery. Of course no labels and no one at the nursery has any clue. Couldn't tell me who ordered them, maybe find a plant name on invoice or something.

What attracted me to it was the big lemon yellow flowers. As you can see it has glossy dark green leaves, very viney (2-3' on this quart pot plant) and loaded with buds . It was on a table marked "New Zealand Plants". It has big 3",5 petaled cupped lemon yellow flowers with a group of stamens in the center kind of like a single camellia bloom. Of course I did not get a photo of the one flower open on the table, but these are loaded with buds, to open soon as you can see then I can post a flower pic.

The guy at the same nursery told me on phone today he found out it was something like "Hymberta" - he swears it. But I could find nothing on Google close to that name, or find anything searching for "yellow cup shaped flower" New Zealand yellow cupped flower" etc... driving me crazy. I am thinking maybe it's grown in California too..

It's nothing I have ever seen before and I have been growing and collecting tropicals for years now.

Any ideas??

thanks

Boca Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Unknown Flower Vine

Comments (4)