Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frangapani

Posted by drake_2009 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 19:24

I HAVE SEVERAL FRANGAPANI PLANTS IN MY GARDEN I NOTICED THAT THE TIPS OF ONE OF THE LARGE PLANTS ARE SOFT & LOOKS LIKE IT'S DYING, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO SAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL PLANT. WE DID HAVE SEVERAL COLD DAYS THIS WINTER.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frangapani

Drake, hi there....try posting your question on the Plumeria forum (Plumeria aka Frangipani)as there are experts on there 'more specific to your problem' who will be able to help you I'm certain....they help me all the time!
Good luck.

o

drake,

Where in FL are you? Did you get into upper 20s, low 30s? If you got that cold, it could be frost damage. Likely the tips will turn black and slough off. You will get new growth and maybe some branching just below that, but thnew growths will not bloom until it matures -- maybe late in summer for you. Photo might help.

o

Hi
Sounds like frost damage . About all you can do is trim off the damaged parts and hope it recovers. I've had them killed roots andall at 27. Usually recover from frost though gary

o

I agree with frost damage but I wouldn't be so quick to trim the plant back. Like Dave said if it's not too bad the damaged part will die back and drop off. If you do end up having to trim the plant back dust the cut end with a fungicide. Some people also seal the cuts with silicon caulk after it's been dusted and dried. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here