Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
atemoya tree trouble

Posted by checko12 ca (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 1, 10 at 2:43

Hi all,

I'm new to this site. I just bought an Atemoya tree about a week and a half or so ago. I've noticed that some of the leaves are starting to turn brownish at the tips and the backs of them are turning into a black like color. When I first put the tree in I deep watered and have been continuing to water every 3 days. I posted some pictures. Can someone help? Is this normal?

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/4665:184948781310/jpeg/BG

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5378:925258781310/jpeg/BG

thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: atemoya tree trouble

Careful not to over water. Tree looks fine. Give it time to recover. If you set the plant out in full sun right away, the discoloration on the leaves could be a bit of a sunburn. If still a concern, shade it a little.

o

Thank you much ohiojay!! Any other info's appreciated. This is the first time I've taken care of an Atemoya and I want to make sure I can nurture it as best as possible.

o

If you are able to plant it outside, then you are on the right path. Stay away from fertilizing for a while yet and just watch the watering. I think the plant will do just fine.

Jump over to the Tropical Fruit forum. You might pick up some more info. Atemoyas have been a topic of many conversations. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here