Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a verified legit place to buy fresh dragon fruit onli

Posted by dragonfruitlover MA/CT Border (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 17:06

Hi. I have tried growing Dragon Fruit (pitaya) from seed here in New England. I live on the CT/MA border and have had no luck. I love dragon fruit, but there is nowhere around here to get it. I've tried asian markets, supermarkets, whole foods, and trader joes. I've looked online and there are places called buyexoticfruits.com and 24hourbuy.com but people say they are scams. Anyone know a cheap affordable grower I can buy dragon fruit from that takes credit card be it by phone or online website? I'd only like 2 or 3 dragon fruits. White or red kind doesn't matter I like them all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a verified legit place to buy fresh dragon fruit

Frieda's is a reputable specialty market but I don't know what their minimums are. I'm surprised that you haven't found any at the local Asian markets. The ones in the DC Metro area often have fresh dragon fruit available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frieda's

o

I saw Frieda's on Amazon.com, but the shipping is outrageous! $40 to ship 3 and $37 just to buy them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Freida's on Amazon

o

Hi I just posted the information for another person that is looking at growing dragon fruit. So I am going to post again for your information.

There are several reliable on line sites that you can order dragon fruits and search for tropical fruit vendors as well:

- http://www.localharvest.org
- http://www.tropicalfruitgrowers.com

Local harvest is an organization that promotes local farmers in Florida that sells tropical fruits on line. They are reliable and trustworthy. Tropicalfruitgrowers.com lists all of the appropriate tropical fruit growers that can ship various tropical fruits to you.

Unfortunately, dragon fruit is not in season right now so you will need to check the sites periodically. In terms of the sites such as buyexoticfruits.com; fruitsofthemonthclub.com; organicfruitofthemonthclub.com, 24hoursbuy.com are all scams - they are owned by the same person, please do not buy from them - I made a mistake in terms of ordering from them and my money was taken and they never ship the product nor responded to my numerous inquiries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here