Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roebelenii Palm Trees With Browning Leaves

Posted by Scotty0613 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 17:40

Most of the palm fronds are brown. The new ones coming thru are green. What is wrong with my Roebelenii?

The tree is planted in a huge clay pot above ground. Gets plenty of sun and water.

Thanks, Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roebelenii Palm Trees With Browning Leaves

Leaf spot is a fungal disease that damages the fronds of robellini palms. There are a variety of pathogens that can cause this disease but all of them result in the same symptoms. As this fungal disease infects the palm, water-soaked lesions will start to appear on the palm fronds. As these lesions progress, they will turn yellow, gray, reddish-brown, brown, or black in color. The longer the tree is infected, the more numerous the lesions. Left untreated, this disease will kill the palm fronds. Fungal spores will spread to other leaves of the tree, causing the deterioration of the foliage. Fortunately, leaf spot can be treated with the use of fungicides. All fungicides should be applied per manufacturer instruction.

o
RE: Roebelenii Palm Trees With Browning Leaves

@nelsoncastro - Because the palm tree is in a large clay pot and you mentioned water-soaked lesions, could that be like root rot and its not getting a proper drainage? I don’t know if the pot has holes on the bottom. The pot is placed in a garden, so no way to tell about excess water draining out.

I have some Neem Oil, should I spray it with some of that? How about just cutting off ALL the brown leaves and start treating the green ones?

Thanks for your help.
Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here