Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree Dahlia question

Posted by tonieb Zone6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 08 at 21:09

I am new to gardening and thats why I came here.

I was looking for "rare" plants and found 2 people posting an ebay ad for tree dahlias. Does anyone have any feedback on how to maintain and care for them? I am new to this and like to learn more before buying. Whats a reasonable price

Thanks ladies and gents

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree Dahlia question

Annies annuals has these plants at a very reasonable price, when available. I can tell you though that even my growing season was not long anough to produce flowers, as these like to bloom around the end of November and here in Oregon by then it was just too cold... The plant itself got about 7 feet tall and was very pretty, but no flowers.

o

Lala told it like it is - very, VERY tall Dahlia, but unless you have a long growing season, there will be no blooms. Mine is now about 2' tall, but I KNOW it won't bloom for me, here in zone 6.

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 30, 08 at 16:25

Jo,

That is one you need to bring with you when you move down here to PCB. We are zone 8 but we are usually sill wearing shorts up till close to Christmas.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here