Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange unknown tropical tree.

Posted by emiliasgarden PR (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 20:39

Hello! I have this little tree that i collected from the wildest part of my Family's Lands (Northern Mountains of Puerto Rico). I have cultivated it for the last 4 years and have made an extense research looking for the ID of this tree. Still, remains unknown for me. I think it must be a native tree, since i have found several of these trees growing in the wild, and have managed really well to grow and develop under the dense vegetation in the wild (Tropical Rain Forest).

Can anybody ID it, or maybe give me some opinions? Any help is very welcome.

Here are the pictures:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank you very much,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange unknown tropical tree.

It looks like it is in the witch hazel family....hamamelidaceae...but I could be way off.
Danielle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here