Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
singrains

Help with care of plants

singrains
14 years ago

I am new to gardening and have absolutely no idea how to tend for anything except lawns which is clearly very different from my recent endeavor into tropical plants.

I recently bought a night blooming jasmine (cestrum nocturnum), day blooming jasmine (cestrum diurnum) and patchouli. The night blooming jasmine arrived today with caring directions from the supplier. In contrast the day blooming jasmine and patchouli came in last week without any type of directions for care. I have tried looking it up on the net. Not much luck with that.

I received the day blooming jasmine and patchouli in evening when I came home from work. I took them out of the box and put them on my kitchen counter. It gets a bit of sunlight but not too much. The soil was kinda dry so I watered it and went off to work the next day. That evening when I came back both plants were wilting. I took them outside to repot them in the new planters in fresh soil. After planting them I clipped off the dead leaves. In the process I lost half of the patchouli plant and a third of the jasmine. Its been a week and the patchouli seems to be doing okay except for some eating away of the leaves. Some of the day blooming jasmine's leaves are yellowing again. You can see new leaflets growing and the top of the plant is green but the bottom is yellowing. I am confused as to what's happening. And although I have sprayed both plants with an insecticide they are still being eaten.

Is there a way to get rid of the white dusty film on the leaves of the C. Diurnum? And the eating away at the center of the leaves?

Why are the leaves yellowing and how can I fix that?

How do I prevent the eating away of the patchouli leaves?

What are the ideal conditions (soil, watering, sunlight exposure, temperature, etc) for C.Nocturnum, C.Diurnum and Patchouli?

How long does it take for these plants to mature/bloom?

Any extra tips that I may have forgotten to question would be highly appreciated. I am extremely excited about the Night blooming jasmine. :)

Thank you.

Sin

Comments (2)