Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get those Thailand plants?

Posted by Gardener972 7b-8a DFW (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 3:07

I stopped by a yardsale Friday and the person having it was from Thailand. She had all kinds of fabulous plants & trees in pots from Thailand that she said she paid big money to get the seeds here. Does anyone know where/how a person can get seeds to grow some of their plants? (or plants)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get those Thailand plants?

Are you looking for something specific?

o

No, this lady had everything. A lot of it was lacy looking like cassia are something along those lines. Also, she had a lemon leaf. There were lots of beautiful foliage plants so I'd be happy with anything from that area of the world, it was so pretty!

o

• Posted by Cagary zone 10 CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 23:55

Here`s a nursery in Thailand. I`ve ordered many plants from them and have always been satified.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thai nursery

o

• Posted by Lukmee Thailand CMai (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 10:04

Yes the recommendation by Cagary is an excellent one
I am a resident in ChiangMai Thailand and knows well the heliconiaparadise nursery -

CM

o

• Posted by Baci z10Ca (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 8:00

I go the swap meet and buy from the Thai plant seller.

I know that may sound silly, but if you are in a diverse community, you might consider going to the swap meets and seeing what Asian sellers have for sale. Sometimes Asian markets will also have exotic plants for sale. You may have to deal with a language barrier, but it is a way to get plants not easily found otherwise.

o

Where are those swap meets in San Diego? and the asian markets?

o

The "lemon Leaf" that you saw might have been a Kaffir Lime, aka Thai Lime. It's grown and used for the flavor/aroma of the leaves, and is widely used in Southeast Asian cooking. Not too hard to find here in the U.S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Winds Growers

o

I have a kaffir lime tree that is bearing fruits right now and I have lots of seeds to sell if anybody interested, let me know. I am located in Houston, TX. I am selling 12 seeds for $5.00 and I pay for first class postage. http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/885158583.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here