Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lancetilla mango question....

Posted by bfern 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 30, 06 at 19:34

this is my first crop from my lancetilla mango tree. the tree was planted last year and is about 7 feet tall. three fruit are on the tree and they are huge. they each measure 9" long and 5" in diameter.
my question concerns timing the harvest. how do you tell they are mature enough to pick?
any help would be reatly appreciated.
thanks
fern

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lancetilla mango question....

I noticed on my mango tree that after the fruit are large that they will ripen off the tree pretty fast. I would take one off and the fruit would be green and hard with some purple on top and white and sour inside. Then after 3-5 days of being off the tree it would turn yellow and red and become soft outside and orange and very sweet inside!

o
RE: lancetilla mango question....

I'm thinking about purchasing a Lancetilla mango tree as a "late in season" addition to my very small yard. I also have a 2 year old Nom Doc Mai mango tree of which I'm hoping to eat from this year. I was wondering how you like your Lancetilla fruit compared to other cultivars such as Glenn, Haden, etc. and also how tall has your tree grown? Are there things you may not be happy with with your tree? Thanks in advance!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here