Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trillium15_gw

what happened to my Money Tree

trillium15
15 years ago

My husband bought me a Money Tree at the local shop for my birthday last december. It was doing beautifully until the Spring when we lost a few of the leaves. I figured out that I was over watering it.

We recently moved and it got tipped out of it's pot. We repotted it with all the soil. We had a few bracts turn yellow and now I realize that it's not supposed to be in direct sunlight. I guess that front and centre in my bay window is not wise.

I moved it the other day and we have 2 new shoots starting from the top of one of the 5 stalks but hubby noticed today that 2 of the 5 stalks that are woven together are brown (the others are green). I think they are dead but I'm not sure if I should cut them back. I'm worried of how the others will be supported if the 2 dead ones are cut back and removed from 'the braid'. Will there be damage to the healthy ones to leav the dead ones there?

I water it about once a month now and I am not sure if it should have fertilizer. I have jobe sticks and plumeria food. Does anyone know if either is fine to feed it?

Comment (1)