Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what happened to my Money Tree

Posted by trillium15 z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 23:08

My husband bought me a Money Tree at the local shop for my birthday last december. It was doing beautifully until the Spring when we lost a few of the leaves. I figured out that I was over watering it.

We recently moved and it got tipped out of it's pot. We repotted it with all the soil. We had a few bracts turn yellow and now I realize that it's not supposed to be in direct sunlight. I guess that front and centre in my bay window is not wise.

I moved it the other day and we have 2 new shoots starting from the top of one of the 5 stalks but hubby noticed today that 2 of the 5 stalks that are woven together are brown (the others are green). I think they are dead but I'm not sure if I should cut them back. I'm worried of how the others will be supported if the 2 dead ones are cut back and removed from 'the braid'. Will there be damage to the healthy ones to leav the dead ones there?

I water it about once a month now and I am not sure if it should have fertilizer. I have jobe sticks and plumeria food. Does anyone know if either is fine to feed it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what happened to my Money Tree

I think you answered your own post..lol - with regard to cutting it - you could remove the dead wood and put a stake in for support. When the top inch dries, water it with a good drench with a mild fertilizer like Shultz 10-15-10 for houseplants you can use this every time you water comes in a little tiny bottle. you can keep it in 75 % shade (under a tree )for the summer just make sure you keep it out of the rain and out of full sun.

cheers

Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here