Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it advisable to put more indoor plant inside my house/bedroom?

Posted by markthien (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 07 at 23:29

Hi there,

I am living in tropical zone and I came across to this site : http://www.zone10.com/tech/NASA/Fyh.htm , which recommend which indoor plant is best for cleaning the indoor air.

IS it advisable to put more indoor in my living room or bedroom? Will the indoor plant release carbon dioxide? if yes, when? does indoor plant need oxygen ?

Thanks & Regards,
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it advisable to put more indoor plant inside my house/bedr

Plants take in carbon dioxide during the day and release oxygen. At night they do the opposite. The amounts involved really shouldn't be an issue unless you have a severe illness requiring you to need extra oxygen, and I'm not sure even then it would matter.

There is some research suggesting that plants absorb some of the chemicals that are part of indoor air pollution, such as chemicals that are released from particleboard furniture, new carpeting, etc. Again, you'd have to have a LOT of plants to make a big difference, but it couldn't hurt either.

o

Hi watergal,

So does it means that the more indoor plant I put in my house I will get cleaner indoor air?

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Stufftolet

o

There is scientific research that suggests this is true, yes.

o

Hi
have heard it suggested that the reason the Earth has so much Oxygen as opposed to thee other planets is because of the respiration on plants.. Since the Earth's atmosphere is
80 percent nitrogen and 19 percent oxygen all the plants in the world are living on that slim 1 percent.lol
That suggest that it takes a lot of plants to make a difference lol gary

o

"The Taiga forest, on the edge of the Arctic, is a silent world of stunted conifers. A third of all trees on Earth grow here and during the short summer they produce enough oxygen to change the atmosphere."

-Planet Earth (a really great documentary)

o

If you can still fit into the room with the new plant placed in it's new position, then it's ok to put more plants in the room! But if you have to spray yourself with non-stick cooking spray just to fit yourself in the room, you have too many plants in there. LOL
Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here