Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dragonfruit bloom dying?

Posted by cybunnies123 Arizona (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 2:10

I recently bought a dragonfruit, that at the moment only has one main growth. There is one flower bud that may or may not open soon. It was doing fine for awhile, staying green and looking healthy but suddenly some of the tips of the leaves are shriveling and the bud is turning a reddish yellow in some areas. Is it going to survive? Or is it going to shrivel and fall off? I don't have it in full sun (as far as I know) it only gets filtered morning sun. It's mostly in shade. I'm watering it enough and not letting the soil become too dry. I think that's right because its a tropical cactus and not a desert one? Also, when I bought it, it already had a full grown fruit on it and a smaller fruit with a dried flower still attatched, sadly that one fell off :( I think It got knocked off somehow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dragonfruit bloom dying?

Update, this morning I found it in the soil of my dragonfruit pot. It fell off somehow. That's really disappointing... Maybe its too hot for it to bloom now.. Its been in the 100s here in Arizona. It has another tiny growing flowerbud on it. Hopefully it survives. Could anybody please explain why this might have happened? It may help me to save the other flowerbud.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here