Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hai_pham_gw

Surinam cherry -no fruits

hai.pham
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I have three surinam cherries at home and none of them are fruiting. I'll provide a description of each one.

Bush 1- lolita. I bought this while it was fruiting. But in now it only flowers and then the flowers dry up. I do water it, but the leaves kind of look a little shriveled.

Bush 2. The orange one. I bought this one when it was just a little twig. It shows very robust growth and has grown really bushy and 6 feet tall. But I have never seen a single fruit.

Bush 3. Another orange one. I bought this when it was small too. It also shows really strong growth. It has flowered a lot, but only set 1 or 2 fruits as I remember. A few months ago, something started eating it. Now it is looking good again, flowering, but no fruits.

I hear that this plant is really easy to fruit, and so I'm wondering why mine is just not fruiting. I've looked all over the net, too. I grow dragon fruits, persimmons, jujubes, longans, bananas, and acerola. And they all fruit well. I don't know why this one isn't.

Please help. =]

Comments (2)