Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emgarden

Avocado tree in shock?

emgarden
13 years ago

Hi all,

We planted an avocado tree on July 5th. The problem was, we planted it too deep (almost 6" too deep) because the directions weren't pointed out to us and we were so excited we did not read the instructions.

About a week later, we noticed it having dying leaves and looking terrible annd the few fruits on it had turned red. I called the place we bought it, someone told me to use root stimulator, so I did. Then last weekend (2 weekends since planting) we stopped back into the nursery we bought it and were told to plant it higher so the root showed a bit and we realized how deep it was. We were also given some sort of food I don't have with me that was supposed to help it grow and told that it was wrong to be told to use root stimulator since its not an established plant.

Its been about 6 days since replanting it and I don't notice much of a difference, good or bad. The tree has many dark or black branches, a number of green leaves and a number of dead or yellow leaves.

One last note, all the other trees/flowers we bought from them are flourishing, so its not really our soil or our practices aside from the original planting issue :-\

How long would it take for this tree to completely come back, being I don't think its totally dead since its got some green leaves.

Thanks... also this is my first post... hoping to use this as a great resource.

Comment (1)