Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalgrower89

TropicalGrower89's New Yard 1st Update

tropicalgrower89
12 years ago

My new yard. :) The lawn looks crappy, but will be replenished pretty soon. In the middle, there was a huge above ground pool and we sold it. I replenished the soil that was underneath and threw some grass seeds.

Baby Banana(Nino/ladyfinger)

Glenn Mango

Brogdon Avocado

Kent Mango

Soursop(guanabana) and Manzano Banana

Valencia Pride Mango and Sweetsop(9 months old)

Pace Mamey Sapote going through this year's second growth and even bloom flush. Blooms are still too small to be seen in the picture. They are just starting to develop.

After doing some research about the native soil I have in my property, I found out that it's known as Immokalee fine sand. It's 100 times easier to dig here then in my previous home where it was mostly builder's fill(tons of limestone packed together). The fruit trees seem to respond much better to this sandy soil, especially the banana's. I guess it's the amount of freedom the roots have to grow. The older mamey leaves have been chewed-up by Cuban May Beetles, so I bought a Bug Zapper to at least reduce the problem. The trees that are not in the pictures are the 3 year old magana mamey seedling(I thought it was pantin)which is beginning to send off 4 branches, and the passion fruit vines that are still in a pot.

Comments (5)