Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allanrandall_gw

Looking for info on a new oleander variety that I purchased.

AllanRandall
11 years ago

Hey everyone, I hope this is the right place to ask this, because I guess there isn't an oleander forum. Anyways, I've been growing potted oleander for a few years, but the other day I ran across one that I hadn't seen before. This particular oleander has pink blooms with swirls of white on some of them. This was at home depot and they don't label things very well. It had a general oleander tag, but the label on the pot said peppermint sali. Now, when I look up the name there is very little in the way of information, so I am guessing that this isn't the true cultivar name. My concern is whether or not this swirling pattern is caused by a color break virus or is it just how the bloom looks normally. I already have a hardy red and Mrs. George Roeding and wouldn't want them messed up by a virus, so I don't know whether to keep it. The only reason I didn't include a pick is because my camera is acting up but, if necessary, I can work on getting a pic. Is anyone familiar with this variety? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, there was something else I found strange. They had a hardy red right next to it and both plant look very healthy, but they have much shorter and wider leaves and the inflows are much larger and full than my hardy red. What is the cause of the major differences?

Comments (2)