Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My B o P flowers at last!!

Posted by greenclaws England UKzone8a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 08 at 17:24

Just had to post a pic of my BoP which has decided to reward me with it's very first flower spike! Never thought I would be able to get it this far so I am especially pleased. Hopefully more flowers will pop out of the 'beak', it will be interesting to see how many it has in store for me. Does each flower last very long?? The really HOT weather we are having here in the UK at the moment, very high 20's c, have really got it going.
Gill : )

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My B o P flowers at last!!

You've got more coming for sure. For me the blue fades rather quickly. The orange stays orange longer. Good job.

Steve

o

Looks beautiful!!

o

hi
Great going . !! I have two clumps growing outside
that are almost 25 years old. As they age they tend to flower "double" like the pic on this forum . Once they start, they flower quite regularly. For me they last longer during winter than in the heat of summer.
What a beautiful view you have !! I can see almost 25 feet to my neighbors fence on a clear day lol gary

o

Congratulations! It's breathtaking! Such a graceful flower.

o

Hi guys, thanks for all the encouragement and info, I'm so pleased it has started to flower, hope it will have many more. I have always admired them and envied those who grew them not thinking I could ever get one to this stage personally....now I have my very own!!
Gary, yes we are indeed fortunate as we are high up in and have far reaching views of 30 miles of open countryside in this direction and slightly less in others...on a clear day as you say!
Cheers, Gill.

o

That's great. BOPs are one of my favorites. You did good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here