Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
California pepper tree

Posted by marcie_new z8 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 08 at 17:26

My tree DIED! I went away for 3 weeks and came home and my tree is DEAD!. So my question is when I dig the tree out, would it be ok to plant another one in the same spot? or should I dig all the dirt out add some compost and new dirt, then plant another tree there. My plumerias are doing great they are blooming! My mango trees they still green, so are some other plants, they are just triving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: California pepper tree

Dig it up and check out the roots and soil. Then get back to us. How big was the tree?

o

Well my tree was around 4 feet tall and the roots are dead dry, found out that the husband forgot to water my baby the entire 23 days that I was gone! And it has been hot out here and no rain, according to my neighbor my tree died of thirst and heat.So now I am going to plant a plumeria there instead.

o

Sounds about right. I gave a fellow I work with a Montezuma cypress (farely rare) I'd grow from a seedling into a 4 foot tree. A couple years later I asked the guy how it's doin, he said "Oh, it died". I asked him how that happened. He said "I told my boy to water it, and he never did". Plumerias will struggle without regular water and good drainage, and they don't like frost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here