Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
birds of paradise help

Posted by coolcop007 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 23:03

i just bought this bird of paradise plant locally. I was told that it was 15 years old. in the pictures you can see the leaves are borwining and drying up. what is wrong and what can I do to fix it. the store guy said just to cut the dead and fertilize and it will come back quick and flower this year.

any help is appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: birds of paradise help

If that's a 15 year old plant then it must have spent those 15 years on the verge of death. First thing you need to check is the soil quality, is it fast draining or does it stay soggy? There could also be excess salt build up from fertilisers. Sorry to say it, but it's not a plant I'd be inclined to pay for.

o
RE: birds of paradise help

looks more like a 1 year old plant. 15 year old plants should be massive affairs, and would be difficult to fit in a 20" box.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here