Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staghorn Indoors

Posted by want2bsure 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 9:27

I've had a staghorn indoors for about 2 years. That it is still alive is a miracle for me, but it isn't looking so good. I'd like to do a little maintenance, it's in, more so on soil with bark chips. I water rarely around the edge of the pot. What should I be doing regularly or occassionally.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staghorn Indoors

• Posted by donaldb 5B Worcester, MA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 9:00

I have two staghorns I've been growing for 6 years. They are in 8" slated orchid baskets growing in sphagnum moss only. They are given a good soaking when they dry out, are not fertilized except for the insertion of some banana peel once every two months because they like potassium. In the summer they are brought outside and are kept in dappled sun. Come late fall they are brought in and spend the time until spring in a sun room facing east.

Check out the following link for further information: http://mgonline.com/articles/stag.aspx

Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here