Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

msg for Alfie007.......

Hi there, thought I'd better do a separate post for fear of hi-jacking the mango thread that we were on!

Ok, as far as seeds are concerned...do you mean plumeria seeds? If so, I'm afraid I dont have any...My first contact with plumeria was in Australia and following our second visit there in 2005 my aunt sent me several 6inch cuttings. I gave a couple away and tried to grow the remaining 4. It took from spring 2005 to the folowing year for the surviving one to leaf out...then it flowered! This year it is so slow as our weather has been truly awful till August. I then found I was becoming an addict as I won some on eBay UK this spring but they failed dramatically, fellow plumie addicts must have felt sorry for me as you can't be a plumeriaholic with only the one, so two "on-line pals" sent me some seeds from the States. The first batch were doomed in my hands, but I managed to germinate 6 from the second lot. I still have 4 of them growing strongly and almost overtaking the lonely Celadine. I am tempted to have a go at other seeds/cuttings on eBay but have so far resisted due to overwintering them. Here is Celadine last year...

Here's one taken a moment ago of the 4 seedlings, Celadine, the Kent Mango, 2 Royal Poinciana seedlings and a baby Desert Rose...all ready for a re-pot quite soon.

{{gwi:1123482}}

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor