Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slinky_gw

Bird of Paradise is pissed

slinky
17 years ago

hey everyone!

my grandmother raiased a bird of paradise from seed a few years ago. it's about 4 feet tall and has 7-10 leaves on it. she gave it to me last fall.

since i'm a dumbass, i decided this week (instead of in MAY or something reasonable) that the bird of pradise might like to be outside on the porch, in the warmth. it's been in our house since last fall. so i moved it out there on sunday for a little while, and then brought it back in that night. then did the same monday but left it out for the night. tuesday it was low 80's outside so i still left it out.

i noticed that its leaves curled inwards a little bit the first day. they don't seem to be any worse though.

i've been misting it once or twice a day, and if it's going to be hotter than mid-80's, i've been bringing it in because i was afraid the heat might be too much for it since he's used to being in our house (our thermostat is set on 80).

is it a good idea to keep it out there till maybe october, when it starts getting cooler? why would the leaves be curling like that?

thanks for any advice you can give me :)

Comments (6)