Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Voodoo Lily needs help

Posted by senjanevada 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 15:50

My voodoo lily seem to stop growing. The leaves edges turned to yellowish and brownish.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Voodoo Lily needs help

They will die back at the end of summer., depending on how soon the cold arrives. Yours might be getting ready to turn in for the winter. When they do go dormant it's important to keep them pretty dry.

o

Thanks. So, I don't need to worry.

This is my first time growing Voodoo lily. In fact, one more bulb still in the water to roots.

I am in High-desert, pretty much dry here.

o

Do you have them sitting in water? That wouldn't be a good idea. They are more drought tolerant than they are flood tolerant. Keep the potting mix moist but not wet otherwise you'll end up rotting the tuber. If your season is still warm enough for growing then that yellow/brown could be from too much water. When the weather does get colder then yes, you can expect the foliage to dry off like that. Once the plant does die off keep the tuber dry until it starts to shoot next season. People usually take the tubers out of the soil and put them in a cool (not cold) dry cupboard or on a shelf.

o

I root them in the bowl of water before transfer them in the pot. The pots are dry. We are here in the High Desert, no rain at all this year (yet)

I have one more tube that did not show any growth. I took it from the pot and put it back in bowl of water. It grows bunch of roots in few days, and ready to transfer back to the pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here