Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me with desert rose seed pods!!

Posted by kelly6780 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 21:50

I have had my desert roses for a few years and have never ahd seed pods before!! Well...NOW I DO!! I'm including pictures (sorry that only one is any good) I don't know what the heck to do with these things! I want to try to plant the seed as it needs to be fresh to have a high germination rate. This would be pretty fresh...just don't know how to get it (harvest it?) or anything else. Help if you can please! (If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me with desert rose seed pods!!

Congrats on your seed pod. I've never had any of my adeniums produce one. They are similar to plumeria pods but I don't know how long they take to ripen, at least a few months I'd assume. One it's looking mature I'd cover it with a piece of stocking to catch the seeds. You don't want to remove it from the plant before it's ripe. Good luck.
Karyn

o

This link has photos of wht to expect along with instructions. Hope it help.

http://www.k12.hi.us/~rkubota/digiphoto/drose/drose.html

o

Wrapping the pods with wire is an interesting idea and easier then using material. That looks like it would work with plumeria and mandevilla seed pods as well. Thanks.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here