Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Multicolored Hibiscus?

Posted by njoasis 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 16:15

I have a hibiscus that has flowers that are yellow/orange on the edges of the petals and reddish on the inside. On this same plant, a flower opened that is pure red (no yellow or orange). The plant is definitely a single (not a multiple planting). What gives? Is this common?--It's gorgeous by the way!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Multicolored Hibiscus?

leaves and flowers that are variegated, or splotched with white or cream, tend to be unstable, meaning some growth can be on or the other color

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 1:18

One of my friend's Tropical Hibiscus "El Capitolio sport" has done the same thing recently i.e a pure red bloom among peach colored blooms...

Izhar

o

Last year I had a peach colored one that had single and double flowers on the same plant - I never did take any pics of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical Hibiscus

o

I have a red hibiscus that produced a peach and red flower on one branch. They do mutate as far as I understand.

Here is a link that might be useful: my rustic bajan garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here