Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making roots larger on Ficus 'Ginseng'

Posted by Kottepalm Stockholm, Sweden (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 16:35

Hi!
This is my first post ever on the forums! I recently bought a Ficus retusa 'Ginseng' and re-potted it, the plant is fine and sits in the brightest location I can give it. I have been eyeing the larger plants of this variety at IKEA but they seem to be sold out so I had to settle for a smaller one at a local florist.
Since I find the larger ones most beautiful I wanted to ask if there is anything I can do beyond general good care to increase the size of the tubers? I got it a brand new unglazed clay pot, a bit larger than the plastic pot it came in and with good rich soil.
Oh, and I realize that it would probably be better to post in the bonsai sub forum but it seems to be available only to US members (I'm in Stockholm, Sweden)
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here