Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanj500

Can someone help diagnose Lychee Tree problem

Sanj500
9 years ago

Hi. I've been trying to grow Lychee tree's now for about a year in Maryland. It's become somewhat of an obsession now - to the point of my installing a fairly large growtent in room with high ceilings. I'm planning on eventually moving my lychee tree there for the winter but for now its outside.
I just bought this from Plantogram about 3 weeks ago. Came with all green leaves and a few new ones, in good condition and with a thick layer of newspaper covering the soil. Kept it inside for 3 days, then took it outside it the full sun on my deck, and watered it over the newspaper (as I was out of town for several days). Anyway, just recently 1.5 weeks ago the leaves started turning brown. I wasn't sure if was too much sun (which I doubted since this tree was grown in FLwhere I'm sure its worse), or wind, or not enough water. The planter is fairly small and I'm planning on moving it to a much larger airpot soon (when it arrives). Can someone help me figure out what's causing the browning? I'm feeding it with kelp fertilizer every once in a while, other times just plain old water. I've been watering every 2-3 days, and just recently took the newspaper out thinking water may not have been getting through it. I would appreciate others insights!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living