pansy_pat

jacaranda trees

Pansy_Pat
18 years ago

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a Jacaranda tree thank you

Comments (8)

• wanna_run_faster
    18 years ago

I don't know but they do grow very fast from seed. I've started 3 different sets, and have gotten at least 70 percent germination within a week..most within 3 days. I've got a few that are about 4 or 5 months old and are close to 3' tall. Very pretty and lacy foliage, too.

• siegel2
    18 years ago

I know of a few good places that sell Jacaranda trees, but the people here at The Garden Web block any mention of them. They say that these plant selling websites are trying to send spam messages or something.

All I want to do is help someone find a source of of particular plant they want.

• cincinnata
    18 years ago

Pansy Pat, I can send you seed and if I can locate one of neighbours (weekenders and not always here) they usually have masses of tiny seedlings in their garden from their trees. Send me an email with your address and I'll see if I can send you a small plant. (As you are in the EU this is legal).

• NecrochildK_aol_com
    15 years ago

I'd like to know as well. I live in southwest Louisiana so it shouldn't be hard to grow one here, I've gotten my seeds from Thompson Morgan, but not a single one ever sprouted, even in a seed sprouter. I'd like to try from a shoot or young tree. I'd really love to have one in my yard, but I can't even find any other seed sellers other than Thompson Morgan, much less live plants.

• rada-light
    14 years ago

Hi, all jacaranda tree lovers)))!
    I bought 25 seeds of this tree in August.
    Please give me advice when( autumn, spring) and how(conteiner or outside) better to plant them?
    Thank you

• zaftik63_gmail_com
    13 years ago

I live in new orleans and i by my seeds from http://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com/servlet/StoreFront and i have bought many different seeds from them.. pretty much all my seeds have sproutted but sofar none have takin off.. they are all tiny. and i have one about 4 inches tall. i've re potted it in the hope it will take off. i am now using peet moss and manure and mixing it.. sofar they seem happen... i've love to see a grown tree, if anyone knows where i may look in the metairie area :)

• pocashontas96_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I first saw the Most Beautiful Tree my First visit to Florida,The nieghborhood that I saw them was in Port Charlotte, Fl.,They happen to Bloom while we were there.They were on the left and right of this street and went on for two blocks,they made a type of ARCHWAY !! I felt as if I was in another world and it made me feel as if nothing in this world existed but me and these Jacaranda Tree. I would love to know where I can get some seeds or better yet some seedlings would be better.I saw a post by 'cinsinnata' made an offer to get seedlings and send them to another person wanting seedling.Does this offer go to anyone? :> Please,say it does...also,I would like to know if this Tree has ever been tried to grow in Central Illinois? If anybody can send me seeds or the offer of the FREE SEEDLINGS let me know...Please,send me a message to pocashontas96@hotmail.com Thank You,I hope I hear from somebody !!!

• rockmaker
    12 years ago

It can't be grown outdoors in central Illinois. They are hardy to the low 20's to upper teens when established. It is a close relative of Mimosa, which could possibly be grown in central Illinois but won't have the blue flowers that the Jacaranda does.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County