Return to the Tropicals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Save a LOT of money on plant saucers

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 10:45

As many of you know it's time to bring in our tropicals. Well, those of us not as lucky as our friends who live where it's warm enough year round to keep them outside.

Decent sized plant saucers can cost around a dollar each. Everyone you buy takes away money that could have bought you another plant! Or fungus gnat control or indoor sprays, or one of the other pricey things you need when they come into your house.

So I noticed at the grocery store one day plastic plates. Not all of them work, the paper ones don't either, but they sell some that are deeper than some of the others. Deep enough to catch the extra water from when you water your pots.

You'll get like 50 for the price it took to buy two plant saucers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Save a LOT of money on plant saucers

That's an excellent suggestion! I believe there are clear plastic plates made and I like the clear look since it's cuts down on the cluttered look. Thanks a lot.

o
RE: Save a LOT of money on plant saucers

I use pot liners. They are the thin plastic saucers that are used in the floral business. I have no idea what they cost but it's not much and they come in all sizes.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropicals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here